divorce,child abuse
Tel: 01823 256 494

Family Law & Matrimonial Law Specialists

Documents needed to Prove a Child Protection Issue for Legal Aid

One or more of the following:-

  1. Proof of a conviction for a child abuse offence.

  2. Proof of a police caution for a child abuse offence within the past 5 years.

  3. Proof of current criminal proceedings for a child abuse offence.

  4. Proof of an injunction within the past 5 years.

  5. Proof of a finding of fact of child abuse made in a court within the past 5 years.

  6. A letter from a Social Worker confirming that within the past 5 years, the child was assessed as being, or at risk of being a victim of child abuse by your opponent (or a copy of that assessment). Here is a pdf example of a letter that your Social Worker could write.

  7. Proof that the child has been subject to a Child Protection Plan within the past 5 years. This could be a copy of the plan or a letter from a Social Worker.

  8. Proof of an outstanding application against your opponent for a Prohibited Steps Order under Section 8 of the Children Act 1989.

“Excellent, professional caring service. I feel that I was well represented and offered the best advice for my individual services.” - Mr JG from Devon

For a consultation with a Family Law Solicitor call us on
01823 256 494
or make an on-line enquiry and we will give you a call back.

Kevin Shearn Family Law Practice Limited: Registered in England & Wales No. 8853617

A list of Directors is available for inspection at the Registered Office

Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 611869

child law accreditation
couples divorce   specialist
law practice management standards